Digital advertising thoughts from the minds at MediaNet
How do you create a big impression with new and existing consumers? With a big surprise! Many brands are using the element of surprise to grab attention, pique interests and spark or solidify a relationship with customers. Some notable campaigns in the last few months include:
- TD Bank: Automated Thanking Machine – Customers receive a surprise while at the ATM
- TheSeptember: Designer Shoe Surprise – Surprising women with free shoes
- Kraft Peanut Butter: Friends Forever – Giving plush bears to children
- Metro: A Christmas Surprise – Surprising shoppers with in-store cirque performances
- MasterCard: Priceless Surprises – Delivering a truckload of toys to children’s charities/toy drives
These campaigns blur the lines between corporate giving and marketing, leaving a positive emotional impression for audiences. The success of giftvertising also provides additional earned media (social media and news coverage) post-campaign, further extending brand awareness and campaign ROI.
What element(s) of surprise align with your brand? How would you extend this in your online outreach?